COVID-19 Update: We have entered Phase III. Please read our updated shopping instructions.
- The market is open every Saturday 7:00am – 1:00pm rain or shine.
- Please read our shopping instructions.
- Masks/gloves are recommended when shopping with us.
As you all know, the Fredericksburg Farmers Market has been voted the Best of the Burg for several years now due in large part to the mixture of our many exceptional vendors, top quality products, and the fun, festive, social experience that IS our market. It is that last component that makes our market more challenging during COVID-19 times.
We made it to Phase III of the Governor’s reopening plan! That means that some rules change and others stay the same.
Rules that stay the same:
1. Vendors and staff are still required to wear face masks. We ask shoppers to understand that vendors may need to take a break throughout the day as the temperatures climb, and during those times they will step back away from their tables and take their masks off to wipe their faces or get a drink. Rest assured that if you are approach their stall, they will put their masks back on, step inside their stalls, and help you get what you need!
2. Produce and products for sale from the vendors may be handled by customers. We just ask that customers only handle what they wish to purchase.
3. Shoppers are no longer required to wear masks. While we are not forcing shoppers to wear masks, we do still strongly encourage it. With COVID-19 numbers still fluctuating in Virginia, we hope that those who are most at-risk, or who care for someone who is at higher risk will continue to wear masks. If you don’t mind wearing your mask while shopping, you will be helping those who are at-risk feel safer as they shop at our market.
The Fredericksburg Farmers Market has always been a friendly place to get fresh, locally-grown food as well as an inclusive community experience. If you haven’t tried it yet, we encourage you to come join us on Saturdays any time between 7am – 2pm at Hurkamp Park in downtown Fredericksburg!
For information on how to contact your favorite vendor for possible pre-orders, please visit Shop: Our Vendors
The Fredericksburg Farmers Market is located at Hurkamp Park in historic downtown. The market is a part of a long-standing tradition of local merchants selling their wares on the street. Fredericksburg’s open-air commerce dates back earlier than the City’s founding in 1728, but only in the last quarter century has the Fredericksburg Farmers Market been organized at Hurkamp Park.
With 30+ vendors, it offers a full range of competitively priced vegetables, fruits, meats, eggs, breads, and plants, all within walking distance of downtown restaurants and other shopping opportunities. So whether you’re shopping for groceries, or making a day of it downtown, stop by and visit the Fredericksburg Farmers Market.
We will be hosting the following events in 2020:
- update: Opening Day May 16 – With Social Distancing Procedures in place
- update: Art in the Park – 1st and 3rd Saturdays, August-October
- Kids’ Market – TBD
- Farmers Market Week Celebration– TBD
- Farmers Market Week- TBD
- Community Day- TBD
- Harvest Festival- TBD
- Mistletoe Market- TBD
Hurkamp Park Market Hours:
While vendors are present year-round, the market is only managed from the third Saturday in April through the last Saturday in October. Saturday is the primary market day. Update: market is now open on Sunday with limited vendors.
- Update: 7:00 am – 1:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday, May – October
- 7:00 am – 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday, mid-April – October
- 8:00 am – 1:00pm, Monday through Friday, November – mid-April
Credit and SNAP tokens are ONLY sold during the following hours, but can be redeemed Monday-Saturday.
- 7:00 am – 2:00 pm, Saturday, May – October 26
Address: Hurkamp Park, Prince Edward and George Streets
Farmers Market customers are welcome to park in all public parking spaces along Fredericksburg’s city streets. Parking is also available at Ristorante Renato.
Mary Washington Healthcare Market Hours:
- Update: 11:30 – 5:00 pm, 2nd and 4th Fridays, TBD (June 12) – September
Credit and SNAP tokens may be redeemed during the following hours:
- 11:30 – 5:00 pm, 2nd and 4th Fridays, TBD (June 12) – September
Use your Visa, Mastercard and SNAP EBT Card at all local markets for Market Tokens.