Interested in being part of the dynamic team that supports the King George Farmers’ Market?
Our market is much more than great food and great vendors. Our group of volunteers help knit us into a community. A volunteer greets you as you enter and helps load your bags when you leave. Did you find a great recipe in the Fields to Table cookbook? Volunteers put that together. Pick up something interesting — maybe a pen, pottery or beeswax candles — at a Community Day featured artist? You can thank a volunteer (or 10) for helping make those events happen each month.
While your appreciation is welcome, your participation is desired even more. Join our group of local-foods lovers and help educate, engage and excite the public. We have a position to match your strengths and interests, including:
- Welcoming guests at the Hospitality Table
- Setting up and breaking down sites
- Supplying cooked samples to promote the cookbook
- Providing gardening expertise to beautify King George Elementary School, our host
- Marketing and merchandising
- Supplying articles for our newsletter and website
- Photographing events
- Researching and writing grant proposals
- Conducting workshops and classes on healthy eating and food prep
Want to be out front with a smile each Saturday? Prefer to quietly do some heavy lifting in the background? Let us know how you can help by contacting Ann Shows at KGFMvolunteers@gmail.com. Your help is greatly appreciated!