This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest.
Market Token Operator
The Farmers Market.co (TFM.co), a regional market network, is immediately seeking candidates for a seasonal part time position to operate Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) and Nutrition Incentives at the King George Farmers Market. The Market Token Operator is responsible for on-site operations of the TFM.co Market Token and Nutrition Incentive programs at the King George Farmers Market, Saturdays, 8 to Noon. Specifically, market day tasks include:
- Executing and recording SNAP EBT and credit card transactions
- Distributing SNAP, incentive and credit tokens to customers for each transaction
- Reconciling recorded transactions with terminal-reported transactions
- Counting token bank and reconciling with market day transaction activity
- Providing market day reports of transaction activity and reconciliation to the TFM.co accountant and operations manage
- Collecting redeemed tokens from producers at the end of the market day
- Recording vendor redemptions
- Providing market day report of redemption activity to the TFM.co accountant and operations manager
- Recording and distributing redemption payments to vendors
- Coordinating with the Market Manager to support food education programs around food storage, food preparation and healthy eating; and other market activities
The Market Token Operator will work collaboratively with other TFM.co farmers markets on special events and ongoing outreach in the region.
A successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills, be comfortable with simple bookkeeping, have strong language skills and show cultural competency. An added benefit if the candidate is a current or former SNAP recipient who could serve as “farmers market ambassador” in their community. Other key attributes include a passion for healthy food and betterment of the community.
The position will report to the Nutrition Incentive Program Coordinator, with additional oversight by the TFM.co Program Director, Operations Manager and Accountant. The selected applicant will sign a subcontractor agreement and be thoroughly trained in advance of the market opening.
The Market Token Operator is a 37-week position from April through November, which would include advance training and end-of-season reporting. The Market Token Operator would be paid for up to 6.5 hours per week at $12.00 per hour, to include market coverage and reconciliation.
Applicants will be interviewed in person, and will be required to provide recent references and be subject to a background check.
Please contact Elizabeth Borst, Healthy Food Incentive Program Director
firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-845-4267