Fredericksburg Farmers Market
Our original market is located at Hurkamp Park in historic downtown, and is a part of a long-standing tradition of local merchants selling their wares on the street. Fredericksburg’s open-air commerce dates back earlier than the City’s founding in 1728, but only in the last quarter century has the Fredericksburg Farmers Market been organized at Hurkamp Park.
With 28 vendors, it offers a full range of competitively priced vegetables, fruits, meats, eggs, breads, local wine, and plants, all within walking distance of downtown restaurants and other shopping opportunities. So whether you’re shopping for groceries, or making a day of it downtown, stop by and visit the Fredericksburg Farmers Market.
We will be hosting the following events in 2016:
- Art in the Park – 1st and 3rd Saturday, May-October
- June 18 – Kids’ Market – Kid vendors sell their handmade and homegrown items
- August 6 – Farmers Market Week – Kick off Farmers Market Week in Virginia by tasting locally grown fruits and veggies
- September 3 – Community Day – Community groups fill the park to share their message.
- October 1 – Harvest Festival – Celebrate the harvest season and choose a pumpkin from the mini pumpkin patch
Hurkamp Park Market Hours:
Vendors are present year-round, but the market is managed from the third Saturday in April through the last Saturday in October. While Saturday is the primary market day, some vendors choose to participate in market days throughout the week. In the summer, vendors are generally present Monday-Saturday.
- 7:00 am – 2:00 pm, Monday through Saturday
Credit and SNAP tokens are available during the following hours, but can be redeemed daily.
- 7:00 am – 2:00 pm Saturday
Address: Hurkamp Park, Prince Edward and George Streets
Farmers Market customers are welcome to park in all public parking spaces along Fredericksburg’s city streets. Parking is also available at Ristorante Renato.
Mayfield Market Hours:
- 3:30 – 6:30 pm, Thursday’s May-October
Credit and SNAP tokens are available during the following hours, but can be redeemed any time the markets are open.
- 3:30 – 6:30 pm, Thursdays May-October
- Corner of Tyler and Dixon Streets along Rt 2, Fredericksburg, Va 22401
Use your Visa, Mastercard and SNAP EBT Card at all local markets for Market Tokens.