Fredericksburg Farmers Market
Our original market is located at Hurkamp Park in historic downtown, and is a part of a long-standing tradition of local merchants selling their wares on the street. Fredericksburg’s open-air commerce dates back earlier than the City’s founding in 1728, but only in the last quarter century has the Fredericksburg Farmers Market been organized at Hurkamp Park.
With 28 vendors, it offers a full range of competitively priced vegetables, fruits, meats, eggs, breads, local wine, and plants, all within walking distance of downtown restaurants and other shopping opportunities. So whether you’re shopping for groceries, or making a day of it downtown, stop by and visit the Fredericksburg Farmers Market.
In 2014 we are closing Prince Edward St every week! First Saturday’s in May – October will still host the popular Art in the Park series. We will also be hosting the following events:
- June 7 – Kids’ Market – Kid vendors sell their handmade and homegrown items
- August 2 – Farmers Market Week – Kick off Farmers Market Week in Virginia by tasting locally grown fruits and veggies
- October 4 – Harvest Festival – Celebrate the harvest season and choose a pumpkin from the mini pumpkin patch
Hurkamp Park Market Hours:
Vendors are present year-round, but the market is managed from the third Saturday in April through the last Saturday in October. Managers are also present on the first Saturday of the month in the off-season. While Saturday is the primary market day, some vendors choose to participate in market days throughout the week. In the summer, vendors are generally present Monday-Saturday.
- 7:00 am – 2:00 pm, Monday through Saturday
Credit and SNAP tokens are available during the following hours, but can be redeemed daily.
- 7:00 am – 2:00 pm Saturday
- 11 am – 1:30 pm (during Picnic in the Park) Tuesdays in May, June, and September
Hurkamp Park, Prince Edward and George Streets
Farmers Market customers are welcome to park in all public parking spaces along Fredericksburg’s city streets. Parking is also available at Ristorante Renato.
Mayfield Market Hours:
- 3:30 – 6:30 pm Thursday’s May-October
Credit and SNAP tokens are available during the following hours, but can be redeemed any time the markets are open.
- 3:30 – 6:30 pm, Thursdays May-October
- Corner of Tyler and Dixon Streets along Rt 2, Fredericksburg, Va 22401
Use your Visa, Mastercard and SNAP EBT Card at all local markets for Market Tokens.